Monsoon Body Glow Treatment
Designed to rejuvenate and relax the entire body. This treatment consists of a combination of exfoliation, massage and hydrotherapy. Great relaxation from head to feet.
BOOKING TIME: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
TREATMENT TIME: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
FACILITY: Wet treatment table, Swiss shower, clothing hooks, counter space, candles/soft light, and soft music.
ROOM SET UP: Drape the table with a sheet and bath towel..
PRODUCTS & SUPPLIES:
Two bath towels, two hand towels, two sheets, one blanket, one plastic sheet, water or squeeze bottle with warm water, spa loofah mittens, disposable panties, waterproof slippers, shower cap, soft algae scrub, body milk lotion, massage oil, and essential oils.
PRODUCT PREPARATION: Warm the products if possible.
NOTE: The Swiss shower portion of this treatment involves the combination of hot and cool water to relax and relieve sore, tight muscles. It also opens pores and allows oils to penetrate more quickly into the skin.
Treatment Procedures for Monsoon Body Glow Treatment
- Bring your guest into the room and explain the treatment. Before leaving the room, direct her/him to slip on disposable panties and to lay face down under the bath towel. Knock before re-entering the room.
- Ask whether your guest would like to wear a shower cap. If a shower cap is not available, use a towel to protect the guest’s hair if desired.
- Begin with a relaxation exercise such as 20 seconds of deep breathing.
- Remove the towel and spray their body with warm water. Apply soft algae scrub with sap loofah mittens starting on the feet and moving up the legs to their back.
- Instruct your guest to turn over while you shield them with the bath towel.
- Repeat step 4, starting with the feet and moving up the legs to the arms, stomach and chest. Avoiding nipples and genital areas.
- Assist your guest with the towel and slippers, and escort them to the Swiss shower. Allow your guest to test the water temperature; usually 101° to 104° F is comfortable. Adjust the showerheads to the correct height.
- While your guest is in the shower, place a thick blanket, two sheets, plastic wrap and bath towel on the treatment table. After showering, have your guest to lay face down under the bath towel and on top of the plastic sheet.
- Pat your guest dry with a towel and apply a thick layer of warm massage oil and essential oils to the entire body. Begin on their backside and end on their front.
- Wrap your guest with the plastic sheet and blanket. Massage their face and feet, spending 5 minutes on each.
- Open their wrap, slide out the plastic and perform a 30-minute massage. Assist your guest back into the Swiss shower, again allowing them to test the water temperature before entering.
- Perform the monsoon treatment: 2 minutes warm water, 3 seconds cool water, 2 minutes warm water, 5 seconds of cool water, ending with warm water.
- Assist your guest in putting on a robe and slippers, and off of the table and into a chair where the guest could apply lotion, if desired.
- Escort your guest to a rest area and offer plenty of spring water or herbal tea. Encourage your guest to rest for at least 20 minutes after the treatment.
- Make product recommendations and book your guest’s next appointment.